Coming up!!! Winter Concert for 3/4 split, 4th and 5th grades! February 10th at 7 p.m. See you then!!!!!
The law requires the Dearborn Public Schools to provide parents or guardians a set of legal announcements containing information on laws pertaining to students and parents. The updated version of these announcements is now available on the district website, www.dearbornschools.org. All parents and guardians are encouraged to take a moment and review the document. If anyone is in need of translation assistance to review the document please contact the Student Services Office at 827-3005
We will have a dress rehearsal tomorrow, Thursday, right after school. All STAND students and participants must attend. Please make sure that if your child is performing, he/she has all necessary items (music, props, etc.) tomorrow. Our rehearsal will end at 4:45. All students must be picked up by 4:45 in front of the school.
Just a reminder! For a dollar, students can wear a hat of their choosing! Can’t wait to see them all!
Welcome Back!! Remember, tomorrow is a district late start. Students will begin school at 9:35. Stay warm, and don’t forget your gloves and hats!!!!
Happy Friday, ALL!!!
Just a reminder that our PTA meeting will be January 20th at 3 p.m. in the media center. Please join us, if you can, so your voice is heard! Thank you!
This talent show is fast approaching. Mrs. Lippert and her STAND students will be holding the show on February 2. This is the PBiS reward for January. Fifth graders will be demonstrating their talents for the entire school! If your fifth grader would like to try out for an act in the show, please see below:
When: Thursday, January 14th
Where: Howard gym
Time: 3:45-4:45 student needs to arrange for transportation home after tryouts (no buses will be provided for your child to get home.)
Who: Fifth graders (1-4 people per act)
What to bring: If the act requires music, tools, props, etc., they must be brought to school on Thursday.
We had a wonderfully productive week here at Howard. The kid shifted back into gear very nicely! As we muddle through my least favorite month (yuk), I want to remind you of a few things that will make life easier and safer for all of us:
- If your student is not enrolled in Kids Club in the morning, they should NOT be dropped off before 8:30, unless they are having breakfast. Students having breakfast are permitted to enter building at 8:15 and should NOT ARRIVE any earlier than 8:10. The students are left unsupervised in and around the building, and it is not safe. I will be asking students to call home to remind parents if they are dropped off earlier than 8:10 for breakfast/school.
- Thank you for cooperating with the parking situation after school. I have been placing cones in front of the building to alleviate the traffic congestion. When they are available, the Dearborn Police help monitor the traffic before and after school. Your concerns are being addressed. Thank you for your patience.
- Please, again, avoid parking in the staff parking lot after school to pick your child up. It’s not safe.
- Make sure you remind your student to leave their electronic devices at home! We don’t want them broken or misplaced, and district policy does not permit them in elementary school.
- Please “like” our Facebook page! We collaborate to post pictures to give you a peak into your child’s school day! It’s a quicker way from our phones, so if you haven’t already, find Howard Elementary School on Facebook.