We are off to a very busy start here at Howard, but we are looking forward to an exciting year of learning! There are a few things new to Howard this year that I wanted to call your attention to:
- We added a bus lane on York! Already, we can see that this helps traffic tremendously! Please do not park in the bus lane, but feel free to drop your student off directly in front of school in morning, or closest to their designated door. Let’s keep traffic moving and students safe by dropping off at the side walk, in 5 seconds or less, and moving along.
- We have added a technology class for 1-3rd grade classes, and for the multi-aged classroom. The purpose of this class is to allow students the opportunity to extend their learning from the classroom to the virtual world; synthesizing the curriculum that has been learned in the classroom.
- The district has implement new safety measures for all buildings, which includes a “buzz in” system. After 8:45, the doors will be locked and the front doors will be accessible by the office buzzing in visitors.
- Students who are in kids club, before or after school, can be picked up and dropped off at Door 10 in the back of the building. The driveway that leads to this door is accessible from York, at Oak.
- We also have new staff to welcome!!! Ms. Distlerath will be teaching technology; Ms. Amen and Ms. Mangiapane are parapros assisting in 2nd and 4th grade; Ms. Conrad is our new Special Education resource teacher, and Ms. Nathal Jumma is our new secretary!!!!
- We are asking that parents wait outside for their student after school, and leave students at appropriate door without walking them into building. Your kids are in good hands!
- We will be subscribing to Remind 101. At open house, you will be asked to record a number that is best for us to contact you consistently with notices, reminders, updates, etc. We are trying to be as paperless as possible!
A few dates to remember:
- September 15, from 4:30-7:30, will be our annual Welcome Back Picnic!!! We hope to see you there!
- September 17, from 5-6:30 will be our open house.
- September 21st is PICTURE DAY!!!!
- September 23-25 will be no school.
- September 22 will be our first PTA meeting at 3:00 in the library.