Dear Howard Learning Community,
It is with great anticipation that we begin a new school year at Howard Elementary School! We hope that you and your family enjoyed your summer vacation, and are refreshed and eager to embark on the many wonderful learning experiences ahead for our students. Our staff is committed to providing the best education for our students, and strive to give every child what they need to be successful. We look forward to continuing our partnership as we work together to create the best learning environment for all students!
All students will start school on Tuesday, September 5th at 8:35 a.m. and will be dismissed at 11:45 a.m. No lunch will be served since this is a half-day.
Kindergarten “Soft Start”
On September 6th, 7th and 8th, kindergarten students ONLY will be dismissed at 12:15 as part of our district’s “Soft Start” initiative. This will help our Kindergarten students adjust to their new routine at school. All other students will have a full day of school on these dates.
- Full Day Kindergarten will begin on Monday, September 11th. Students will begin at 8:35 and end at 3:35.
- Meet the Principal- Wednesday, September 6, at 5:30 p.m. in the cafeteria. We will be joined by Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Glenn Maleyko, for a brief meet and greet. Please plan on joining us!
- Welcome Back Picnic-Tuesday, September 12th, from 4:30 to 6:30.
- Open House Thursday, September 14th from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
- Picture Day will be on Thursday, October 19th.
Please check this blog for updates!
We are looking forward to a great school year!
Howard Elementary School