Hello Howard Families,
We hope that you and your loved ones are safe and healthy. We wanted to outline a few parts in the plan that include suggested minutes for daily at-home instruction and grading for the fourth card marking. We are suggesting approximately 10-20 working minutes in grades K-2nd and 20-30 working minutes in grades 3rd-5th per day in four subject areas (Math, Reading, Writing, and alternating Science/Social Studies). If you feel that your child is taking longer to complete assignments or needs more support, please contact your child’s teacher so that we are aware and can provide assistance. Your feedback is very important to us! Please continue to visit the “Remote Learning” page on our school blog for updated information. Teachers have included office hours in their remote learning plans and you will be able to find all the links to the platforms that teachers are using. Thank you for your patience as we navigate through this together!
Please see information regarding “grading” for the fourth marking period, as outlined in the District’s Continuity of Learning Plan:
Elementary Grading Criteria – COVID-19 School Shutdown
For the fourth marking period students will receive one of the three marks (Meeting, Progressing, Limited Participation).
- Meeting: regularly submitted work and attended check-ins
- Accuracy of work assessed on standards/graded/recorded in MiStar
- High participation
- Progressing: Submitted most assignments and attended some of the check-ins
- Limited Participation: with one of the following explanations
- Rarely or did not submit work (may be required to attend summer school)
- Rarely attended check-in sessions (may be required to attend summer school)
- Family hardship during the time of instruction (summer support offered)
Please know that your child’s well-being and safety comes first. Please communicate with the Howard staff should you need any support or have any concerns. We are all here to help!