Student and Family Survey Results and Plan of Action Developed by the Howard Staff:
In analyzing the perception data from the student and family surveys, some patterns and trends noted were a consensus of positive feedback in the areas of feeling safe, staff competency, and staff empathy towards students and families. Some areas of growth are to provide more opportunities for student feedback and increased cultural activities.
Our plan of action is the following:
- Continue to have a strong focus on school culture and climate
- Give students opportunities and time allotted to share feedback on lessons
- Increase integration of cultural activities
- Institute an annual cultural night
- Cultural activities included during March is Reading Month
- Student of the Month will be replaced with Student Spotlight which will focus on student interest/cultural background (all students will be recognized throughout the school year).
- Inform/communicate cultural activities via Instagram, blog, or newsletter
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback; it is appreciated and valued.