I hope that you and your families are doing well and had a beautiful sunny weekend! Below is some important information/reminders, please review and as always, if you have any questions/concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out.
- SUMMER SCHOOL LEARNING-We are EXCITED to be offering a robust summer school learning program at Howard from June 23rd-August 13th for ALL students. We have two options for program hours (9 am-2 pm or 9 am-5 pm); both will run Monday-Thursday. 9 am-2 pm will be focused on academics/enrichment and 2 pm-5 pm will be focused on enrichment/extracurricular activities. A registration form will be sent home this week for parents to fill out and return to school. We will also be sending it electronically to your email and you may choose to complete the form online. Current fifth-grade students will remain at Howard for the summer program.
- Teacher Appreciation Week-As we posted last Friday, this week is Teacher Appreciation Week! Now, more than ever, teacher and staff recognition is needed! Please click here to read the attached memo; we hope you join us in celebrating and appreciating our hard-working and dedicated Howard Staff!
- Teacher of the Year Awards-On the first day of Teacher Appreciation Week, how appropriate that the Dearborn Area Chamber of Commerce this morning opened nominations for its annual Teacher of the Year Awards. Please click on the link for more information and to fill out a nomination form!
- NWEA-Next week, May 10th, NWEA testing will begin; you will get more specifics on exact days for testing from your child’s teacher. One very important request is that all students bring their Chromebooks to school (already charged) on NWEA testing days. We appreciate your understanding and support in advance.
- PICTURE DAY!!! Group A will be on Thursday, May 20th and Group B will be on Friday, May 21st. VLP students can walk in on either day from 3:00-4:00 PM.
- 5th Grade Promotion-the 5th Grade Promotion Committee met and began working on plans. It will look different this year as we need to follow mitigation plans; we are planning an outdoor event and we will be sending home a letter to 5th-grade parents soon with more details. Please keep in mind that things continue to remain fluid so although we are planning ahead, we also want to be mindful that circumstances may change as the last week of school approaches causing plans to possibly change. We appreciate your flexibility and understanding in advance.