We hope to see you all here!! Open house is from 5-6:30. Please remember to stop in the computer lab to sign up for our blog while you are here. Ms. Burch will join parents in the cafeteria after to say hello and help answer any questions you may have. Thank you!!!
Check out link below:
We are off to a very busy start here at Howard, but we are looking forward to an exciting year of learning! There are a few things new to Howard this year that I wanted to call your attention to:
- We added a bus lane on York! Already, we can see that this helps traffic tremendously! Please do not park in the bus lane, but feel free to drop your student off directly in front of school in morning, or closest to their designated door. Let’s keep traffic moving and students safe by dropping off at the side walk, in 5 seconds or less, and moving along.
- We have added a technology class for 1-3rd grade classes, and for the multi-aged classroom. The purpose of this class is to allow students the opportunity to extend their learning from the classroom to the virtual world; synthesizing the curriculum that has been learned in the classroom.
- The district has implement new safety measures for all buildings, which includes a “buzz in” system. After 8:45, the doors will be locked and the front doors will be accessible by the office buzzing in visitors.
- Students who are in kids club, before or after school, can be picked up and dropped off at Door 10 in the back of the building. The driveway that leads to this door is accessible from York, at Oak.
- We also have new staff to welcome!!! Ms. Distlerath will be teaching technology; Ms. Amen and Ms. Mangiapane are parapros assisting in 2nd and 4th grade; Ms. Conrad is our new Special Education resource teacher, and Ms. Nathal Jumma is our new secretary!!!!
- We are asking that parents wait outside for their student after school, and leave students at appropriate door without walking them into building. Your kids are in good hands!
- We will be subscribing to Remind 101. At open house, you will be asked to record a number that is best for us to contact you consistently with notices, reminders, updates, etc. We are trying to be as paperless as possible!
A few dates to remember:
- September 15, from 4:30-7:30, will be our annual Welcome Back Picnic!!! We hope to see you there!
- September 17, from 5-6:30 will be our open house.
- September 21st is PICTURE DAY!!!!
- September 23-25 will be no school.
- September 22 will be our first PTA meeting at 3:00 in the library.
On February 5th, the 4th and 5th grade will perform their winter concert at 2:00 for the school, and at 7:00 p.m. for parents. I hope to see you there!
….are all necessary for students to be able to play in snow. Please check that they have these outdoor accessories with them every day! Thank you!
Please drop students off next to curb, in front of the school. It is extremely dangerous for your child and others when parents drop students off in the middle of the street, especially in this weather.
Also, make sure students are here ON TIME. School starts at 8:35. We have seen a dramatic increase in late arrivals.
يرجى عدم الطلب من أولادكم النزول في وسط الشارع لأن ذلك يشكل خطرا على سلامتهم.
عدد الطلاب المتأخرين على الدوام المدرسي في إزدياد. نرجو إيصال أولادكم في الوقت المحدد يوميا وذلك قبل 8:35 صباحا.
The Giving Tree is up and ready for donations!! If you can give a hat or gloves for a child who is less fortunate, that would be wonderful. It will be up through Friday.
Our traffic situation is improving because of the cooperation of parents dropping off and picking students up. The volunteers and I need more help to guide traffic flow. If you are available at the start of the school day and/or at the end of the day to assist, please email me at email@example.com. Thank you for considering.
Thank you to all who have contributed nonperishable food items this week!! We still have one more day to meet our goal of 2000! Thank you for your support!