Hello Howard Friends,
It’s that time of the year again and we are super excited!
The Howard office staff is back and ready to answer all your questions. Feel free to call the office anytime, Monday-Friday from 9:00am to 3:00pm. All new incoming families enrolling for Kindergarten can come to the main office to fill out or drop off any necessary paperwork. New students enrolling in 1st-5th grade need to do so either online at dearbornschools.org, or can do so in person at the Administration Building located at-18700 Audette St Dearborn 48124.
Listed below are a few reminders;
- Due to mandatory district training, the office will be closed on Wednesday, August 17th in the AM and Thursday, August 18th in the PM
- The first day of school is August 29th with the first bell ringing at 8:55am. The first day of school is also a half day for ALL students with a dismissal time of 12:05pm.
- Kindergarten students only – Soft start days will be half days, Monday, August 29th – Friday, September 9th. Dismissal time of 12:05pm.
- Schools will be closed September 2nd and September 5th in observance of Labor Day. School resumes September 6th at 8:55am.
- Classroom rosters are still in the process of being finalized. Teachers will email parents in the afternoon on August 26th to introduce themselves. Classroom rosters will also be posted on Door #1 at 4:45pm on August 26th as well.
- Classroom suggested supply lists are available on our blog at add https://howard.dearbornschools.org/classroom-supply-lists/
- ParentConnect- Make sure to login to review your student information and to provide any updates. This option will be available for parents until Friday, Sep 23, 2022.
- The breakfast and lunch menu is on our Howard blog and you can access it throughout the school year at this link: https://dearbornschools.nutrislice.com/menu/howard-elementary
- Follow us on instagram @howard_dragons to stay connected with our Dragon community!
If you haven’t done so already, please be sure to subscribe to our blog at https://howard.dearbornschools.org/
If you have any further questions or need support, please contact the front office at 313-827-6350.
Wishing you a wonderful school year!